Garden vs. Park
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is different from the adjacent Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park. Sharing the same pond, the park is an extension of the Garden.
Here are some of the major differences:
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- A not-for-profit charity with vibrant programming & events to connect cultures and communities
- Complimentary guided tours and freshly brewed hot Chinese tea
- Designed and built by Chinese artisans and craftsmen using traditional techniques to incorporate Ming Dynasty architecture forms.
- Materials: from China—even the little pebbles!
- Rocks: Fossil limestone rocks from Lake Tai in China
- Covered walkways and beautiful pavilions to keep you dry in the rain
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park
- A City of Vancouver public park
- Built around the same time as the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- Designed and built by local architects and workers using modern equipment
- Materials: from North and South America
- Rocks: Volcanic rocks from Mexico
Entrance to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden
Entrance to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park