Event and Communications Coordinator
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Event and Communications coordinator to join our team. The chosen candidate will work directly under the Marketing and Visitor Experience Manager, and focus on the coordination and execution of in-house and client events, as well as the sales and marketing associated with the events, and the management of all communications channels, including but not limited to website content development, social media channels, e-newsletter, and blog. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, and outgoing attitude, strong written and oral communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, or other related field with four years of related experience, including experience in writing, writing for the web, communications, event planning, and website design, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and roll-out client and in-house events and annual festivals
- Ability to follow leads and foster client relationships
- Ability to liaise with various team members as required regarding marketing + event activities.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and manage strategic creative projects within timelines.
- Ability to think and implement in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on providing an exceptional customer experience
- Knowledge of creative design software tools an asset (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of print and electronic media, blogs, and social media tools including statistics reporting and tracking.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, and layout skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to use specialized design software applications an asset (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Good knowledge of performance measurement tools (e.g., digital analytics software) for various online communications and marketing purposes.
- Ability to provide digital campaign support – creating Adwords + Facebook ad campaigns, monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to use digital photography, videography, and sound recording, and to perform associated editing and manipulation of materials.
- Good knowledge of standard office applications, desktop publishing software, content management systems and survey tools (e.g., MS Office, SurveyMonkey).
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of communications principles, practices, and techniques.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to conceive, research, and develop content for various forms of written and graphic communications for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, sensitivity, and tact.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to provide support on a variety of marketing projects as required.
To apply please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org