We are celebrating our 36th Anniversary
We are inviting the whole community to join-in and celebrate our 36th Anniversary on Sunday, April 24, 2022.
From 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.(with a small interval between 3pm and 4:30pm), visitors can enjoy a full day of cultural family-friendly events, including a traditional tea ceremony, calligraphy and seal engraving demonstrations, another magical performance by City Opera Vancouver, and a special Taste of Chinatown food experience.
Daytime anniversary festivities
10AM to 11AM – Tea ceremony with Lillian Li
10:30AM to 12PM – Calligraphy demo with Master Anna Zhao
12PM – 1:30PM – Seal engraving workshop with Master Jiangang Su
2:00PM to 2:30PM – City Opera performance
And all-day crafts for all ages!
During this special day, admission to the Garden is a suggested donation of $5.
Taste Of Chinatown - evening festivities
Join us for a mouthwatering evening event starting at 4:30pm, in collaboration with Sam Shem from The Dessert Club and Melody Yip from BlackHoleTummy who presented the sold out Will Travel for Food (YVR-HKG) in late February.
We have partnered with some of the most incredible and popular restaurants in the neighbourhood to provide tastes of Chinatown at the Garden. We are delighted to announce that Chinatown BBQ, DD Mau, Jade Dynasty, Kam Wai Dim Sum and The Dessert Club have accepted our invitation.
What’s included in the ticket?
– A thoughtfully-curated selection of 8 different bites from some of Vancouver Chinatown’s most popular eateries
– One complimentary beverage (additional drinks will be extra cost)
– Music by Niña Mendoza
– Admission to the Garden
– 10% off at our Eight Treasures Gift Shop
– Activities: Calligraphy, a nostalgic trip down the past 36 years, Fortune Telling Game and much more!
Limited tickets in 3 time-slots (4:30pm – 5:30pm; 5:30pm – 6:30pm; 6:30pm – 7:30pm)
* Note that the curated tasting menu does include items with meats and no substitutes will be available for this event.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR VISIT!
Contact us to create the perfect outing for your group. Tour our Garden, enjoy a specialized program or have lunch in Chinatown -we can help you book.