Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is filled with objects and stories, perfect for multi-sensory learning.
Topics include life in Ming Dynasty China (1368-1644), immigration to British Columbia, inventions, Tai Chi and festivals. We offer programs for all ages, and our school programs support BC provincial curriculum.
All of our programs can be customized and we are happy to work with you to create a meaningful and memorable day that suits your timing and curricular needs, as well as the Grade and language ability of students. We can also provide ideas about using our beautiful, peaceful space for class visits.
Our Garden is temporarily closed to the public but we are open for school groups with Covid safety in mind.
The health, safety and well-being of our visitors, employees, volunteers and our extended community is always our top priority.
For everyone’s safety, for the time being:
- We will only be admitting one group at a time.
- All groups will be led by facilitators. We are sorry that we cannot accommodate self-guided group visits at this time.
- Groups may be split to facilitate physical distancing in the Garden.
- We recommend all visitors to the Garden wear a mask. Masks are available at Visitor Services upon request.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front entrance and at various points throughout the Garden.
Please don’t hesitate to speak to us about any special needs or concerns you or your group may have. As a non-profit organization, the Garden is grateful for your continued support and understanding.
Contact our Education Programs Coordinator to customize your visit. We are happy to work with you to create a meaningful and memorable day for your group.
Celebrate this exciting time of year with us! Learn about the stories and customs of this ancient festival and find out how families celebrate it today. These programs are available during the Chinese New Year period and are for Grades pre-K to 5.