THE GARDEN WILL REOPEN ON APRIL 24TH !
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We’ve made a few changes to ensure you can safely enjoy your visit:
- We are offering time-slot based tickets that must be booked in advance.
- The Garden’s primary entrance has been relocated to Keefer and Carrall St, right across from S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Simon K.Y. Lee Senior Care Home.
- Face coverings are recommended for the protection of yourself and others, unless you are exempt.
- There is a new one-way route signposted through the Garden, which is easy to follow.
- We ask that you keep a safe distance apart during your visit. Staff are on-hand to advise and there are markers throughout the Garden to guide you. Please be considerate to other visitors and staff.
- Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Garden. Please wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- We have introduced extra cleaning measures for your protection.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Before purchasing tickets, carefully review your event and ticket selection information. Dr Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden does not allow refunds for unclaimed or unused tickets.
Please note: Whether with a professional photographer or simply a friend, staged photo shoots are not permitted during the Garden’s public opening hours. Examples of staged photo shoots include: engagement photos, wedding photos, prom photos, senior or graduation photos, and posed portrait photos in costumes or special attire. More information here
Unfortunately due to our need to manage visitors to the Garden, those who have not registered will not be permitted entry. At this time we are unable to accommodate third party ticket holders.
Annual Pass Holders & Society Members
If you are a Society Member or Annual Pass holder please be sure to have your valid membership details with you when you arrive to present to our Visitor Services team. If you would like to speak with our team about becoming an Annual Pass Holder, or to renew or confirm the expiry date of your membership, please contact us.
The Garden will reopen on April 24th.
Throughout the months of April and May:
Saturday and Sunday : 11am to 4pm (last entry time at 3pm)
Friday – Sunday : 11am to 4pm (last entry time at 3pm)
*Age 6-17 or over 17 with valid student I.D
**2 adults and up to 3 children under the age of 17
WAYS TO EXPLORE
Colouring Main Street, by Kevin Louis Design – 30″ x 24″ Poster$10.00 Add to cart
Vancouver Special, by Artbedo – 4.25″ x 5.5″ Card$5.00 Add to cart
Hastings/Columbia (Herzog), by Emma Fitzgerald – 4″x6″ Print$6.25 Add to cart
Hastings/Columbia (Herzog), by Emma Fitzgerald – 8.5″x11″ Print$27.00 Add to cart
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I eat and drink inside The Garden?
Eating is not allowed inside the Garden. Please kindly leave outside food and drinks at Visitor Services or carry them in securely covered containers.
Are strollers permitted?
Compact strollers are allowed inside the Garden. Unfortunately due to our new operating procedures we are currently unable to store strollers on site.
Can I bring my pet?
Please kindly leave your pets at home. Only licensed guide dogs/animals are permitted inside the Garden.
Are there any rules that I should be aware of?
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is a family-friendly attraction. We ask visitors to kindly follow the rules below as a way to help conserve an important cultural heritage site in Vancouver:
- Smoking is prohibited on Garden premises.
- For their safety, children should be supervised at all times.
- Please do not feed or touch the koi fish and other wildlife in the Garden.
- Please do not wade or swim in the pond or waterfall.
- The Garden ting is closed to the public. Please do not climb the rock mountain.
- Washroom facilities are reserved for Garden patrons.
578 Carrall Street, Vancouver, BC
The Garden’s temporary entrance is located on Keefer Street overlooking Andy Livingston Park. Look for the red fence and the red signs flanking our entrance.
There is no parking on Garden premises. The closest public parkade is located at 180 Keefer Street. Metered street parking is available throughout Chinatown.
The #19 and #22 bus from Downtown Vancouver stop at Pender Street near Carrall Street.
The closest Skytrain Station is Stadium—Chinatown. Walk east on Keefer Street for three blocks. The Garden is located inside the white walls, follow the signs.